With camping holidays finally back on the cards in the next couple of weeks it's time to dust off that camping gear and get ready to hit the road. This kit list caters for your standard car camping expedition where your car is parked close by your pitch and there is minimal transportation of gear, multi-day treks or wild camping would entail a focus on less bulk, potentially even sacrificing wine. Or at least the bottle, time to get creative with the old hydration pouches...
A word of warning if you haven't booked yet, pitches at the more popular and well known sites are going fast! Some sites are already fully booked throughout the summer holidays since reopening their books just a few days ago. Look for smaller sites with fewer bells and whistles and you should have more luck.
- Tent, it's pretty essential you have one
- Tent pegs, trust me you do not want to forget these and have to go on a begging mission around the campsite. Not that I speak from experience of course...
- Ground sheet, if not integrated into your tent
- Camping mat or raised camp bed, an exercise mat will also do the trick if you don't have a mat
- Sleeping bag
- Camping stove
- Camping table & chairs
- Camping cookware
- Plates, cups & cutlery
- Water carrier
- Matches in a waterproof bag
- Stove fuel
- Loo roll
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap/shower gel & other toiletries
- Assorted foodstuffs
- Waterproofs & range of warm clothing
- Extra socks & underwear
- Slip on footwear for walking to the toilet blocks in the middle of the night. No judgement here crocs fans.
- Insect repellent
- First aid kit
- Supplies for morning bacon butties
Extra special bonus:
- Aeropress coffee maker (don't forget the coffee!)
Have we missed something? Drop us a comment below and we'll add it in.